Thank you for your interest in sharing your story and contributing to the community at Getting My Shit Together.
This is a space for all you open-minded and open-hearted individuals who are ready to take off your masks, get something off your chest, share a personal story you went through and the new perspectives you’ve learned to help yourself and others. It could be a deep and personal story or it can be a light hearted anecdote.
Why Share Your Story?
1. Your story can make a difference
and help others
in the same place as you were. When someone identifies with your story , it can create a sense of genuine connection at some emotional level, making us feel less alone.
2. You can gain exposure
if you have a blog or personal business.
3. You can grow
as a writer, a creator, exercising your creativity muscle.
4. It can be therapeutic
for your mind and soul.
Story Submission Guidelines
Please read these submission guidelines before submitting.
1. Include a quote
at the top of your story. You can find one in the Getting Your Shit Together quote collections, but you’re not limited to these choices. OR Include a song
via YouTube that is relevant with your story (see Music Muse as examples) and provide the embed link to the video. The embed link can be found on YouTube when you click on the share button > embed tab
2. Original and personal:
This means your post has not been previously published anywhere, including your own blog. And it’s based on your personal experience. Provide details like What happened? Who was there? What do you think caused this to happen? How did you feel when it happened? And after? What was your take away or insights you learned from your experience.
3. Format and Length:
Word document and aim for 700-1200 words
Keep to four sentences or fewer.
You may include your bio (70 words) at the bottom of your story with two link backs to your site or social media handles. If you wish to remain anonymous
, please indicate at the bottom of your post you would like your content published under the name “Anonymous”. However, I will still need your real name and email address on the submission form.
6. Be available:
to respond to comments when your post is published.
7. Promote and share your story with your peeps via various social media network!
A Few Things To Keep In Mind
Your submissions will be reviewed in order to make sure that you have followed the above mentioned guidelines.
In addition, please note:
1. Content that is published anonymously, we make no guarantee that your identity will remain anonymous and disclaim any responsibility whatsoever for any harm resulting from the intentional or unintentional disclosure of your identity.
2. Your submission may be edited for clarity, grammar and overall style. You also may be asked to revise to make your post to make it clearer or give it more oomph. If there are any major changes made, you will be asked to review and approve it first.
3. We assume no responsibility or liability which may arise from your Content. You are responsible for the accuracy of the information provided in your article and the third party materials it may contain and any legal or other repercussions as a result of your Content posted on Getting My Shit Together. This means making sure you have all the necessary permissions obtained from the copyright holder in case the article contains copyrighted material, such as photos, audio, video, or other content that is part of your submission.
4. Please allow up to 3 weeks for a response. We aim to read and reply to every guest post submission, letting you know either we enjoyed your post or if we will pass on your submission. If you don’t receive a response, please feel free to try again with a different post after 3 weeks.
Sound ok? If yes, CLICK HERE
to submit your story. One submission per form.
Thank you for sharing and being part of the Getting My Shit Together